Technical Support Agent
Technical Support Representative
HomeAway Technical Support Representatives are responsible for providing Level II phone and email customer support for the HomeAway suite of web sites. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a call center atmosphere, enjoys solving problems for other people, has a medium-to-strong technical background (we will provide training on our products and services), and can explain complex ideas and concepts in a clear, simple manner.
Technical Support Representatives require both an intimate knowledge of product as well as some extended general technical knowledge of web browser technologies, operating systems and hardware. Interfacing directly with our customers, they should possess strong communication skills and be able to explain technical concepts in a way best understood by the individual they are working with.
• Identify, troubleshoot and where possible resolve issues that have been escalated from Customer Support and provide customer support via phone and email
• Identify and report Product Defects
• Recognize and handle customer errors gracefully
• Contribute knowledge gained back to Customer Support through documentation of issue resolutions and troubleshooting procedures
• Help to analyze and identify issue severity levels and follow appropriate escalation procedures
• Educate customers in best practices for using HomeAway applications.
• Meet agreed upon and expected service levels for case completion and quality standards.
• Be the customer’s primary point of contact through resolution, and delight the customer throughout that process
• Be an advocate for the voice of the customer
• Develop and maintain expert knowledge on HomeAway products
• Communication with internal partners
• Minimum of 1–2 years’ experience as a customer support representative, ideally in a technical capacity for a consumer web site
• Experience with Windows and Apple OS
• Experience with Android, Apple and Windows based mobile devices
• Experience with browser technologies including a thorough understanding of cookies, security controls, extensions and add-ons of popular browsers like Chrome, FireFox and Safari
• Experience with MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Experience troubleshooting connection issues using knowledge of network technologies and hardware including modems/routers, ISPs, Wi-Fi, mobile broadband networks as well as protocols like DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TCPIP
• Experience troubleshooting email issues and understanding of IMAP, popular webmail and email providers, settings, filters and relayed/aliased addresses
• Weekend hours required. Overtime, evening and holiday shifts may also be required
• Great Medical & Dental Plans
• Competitive Salary
• Target Annual Bonus
• 4 weeks Paid Vacation
• Discounted Vacation Rental on a Yearly Basis (taxable benefit)
• Free Snacks and Drinks
• Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
• Free Listing on HomeAway.com
• Casual Dress
• Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top