Technical Product Manager
HomeAway is looking for a Technical Product Manager. You will drive solutions and execution as we evolve our programmatic marketing technology & data platforms to create a competitive advantage in our marketplace. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this is a unique opportunity to work with state of the art technology, an amazing motivated team of engineers, collaborate with multiple Expedia brands and be part of the fast-expanding vacation rentals market.
Our systems are built out using a lean-start-up and A/B testing approach, focusing on delighting customers and delivering business value. The platform is going to power up global marketing activities for all of our HomeAway brands.
You will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile knowledge to increase the effectiveness of existing solutions and help build new ones to drive scale and efficiency throughout the organization.
Working with our team requires a rare blend of insight and technical skills demonstrated through the ability to translate real world problems into actionable roadmaps and backlogs. You will partner with numerous functions to understand, communicate and implement the product requirements informed from industry analysis, demand data and end-user feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle of customer’s journey.
What you'll do:
- Manage the portfolio life-cycle and solutions from idea to execution
- Meet frequently with marketing, product, data, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Working with the marketing, product and engineering lead(s), you will ensure road-map and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Collaborate with the product owners and developers to ensure epics and user stories are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Manage resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
- Work with the engineering and product leadership teams to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
Who you are:
- You have experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- With expertise in best practices for software development, you are able to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- You lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to present complex concepts to engineering and non-engineering stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Proven track of record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementing of ecommerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
What do we have to offer?
Based in Victoria, with The Queen as our neighbour, we are proud to say without a doubt that you will work in a modern office environment with THE Best Views of London.
In addition to an attractive salary with annual targeted bonus, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
- Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
- Life assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Private Health Care
- Access to pension scheme
- Salary Protection scheme
- Annual appraisal and salary review
For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com
Check us out on https://www.themuse.com/companies/homeaway/office/london
and also on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBv6DvAYe4A
To let us know you are interested, click apply
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Back to top