Talent Management Intern
When it comes to human resources, we strive to provide a differentiated career experience for our global employees. As a high-growth, e-commerce company, we are searching for a talented and passionate human resources intern. Our culture is one that uses data to innovate and design creative solutions, to propel unparalleled employee experience and world-class leadership. You will join a highly experienced team of professionals from various academic and industry backgrounds.
The Talent Experience team focuses on designing and implementing programs, analyzing data and conducting research to power people decisions for HomeAway. In this role, you will work in our HR Talent Experience department to identify, research and suggest program changes to differentiate the employee experience at HomeAway. You will map out the employee experience and discover the current HomeAway journey map addressing pain points and encouraging ideation for new approached and products. This team member will help to define projects, identify stakeholders, design qualitative schedules and coordinate activities to provide solutions for HR programs.
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 3, 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
What you’ll do:
- You will support research to identify key Employee Experiences that could improve and differentiate Expedia Group and HomeAway’s Employee Experience from other Technology organizations
- You will participate on HR agile teams and assigned projects
- You will lead and partner with HR, Talent Experience, and Business Leaders to conduct qualitative research to understand feelings, thoughts, actions, moments of truth and pain points in specific experiences throughout someone’s career
- You will build and support talent management analytics with HR Operations, Talent Experience, and our Learning and Development teams
- You will craft and improve employee experiences by researching best practices, understanding customer needs to change the process and practice.
- You will support employer value proposition and inclusion to enhance HomeAway’s employees’ experience.
- You will research best practices and provide recommendations on how to improve implementation and execution
- You will assist with the development of change management and communication strategy
- You will conduct a ‘lessons learned’ post implementation and refine approach and processes as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties as specified to support the broader HR community
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or a related field with excellent academic performance
- Ability to collaborate with HR professionals in a global organization
- Highly organized and adaptable with a strong work ethic
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work across business groups
- Disciplined with strong personal management and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills and able to present the summary to all audiences
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress code.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top