Strategic Data Insights Analyst
Data Insights Analyst, CorporateAnalytics
The HomeAway Analytics andData Insights team is looking for a technically skilled analyst to join ourteam. This position is part of the Corporate Analytics team. S/he will continue to raise the bar for the analyticsfunction and utilize different methods of data mining and analysis to developinsights that can materially improve our business decisions.
This role requires an individual with excellentstatistical and analytical abilities and a deep knowledge of data engineering. The successful candidate will be a keypartner to various teams in the organization including Finance, Governmentrelations and the Executive team. Theywill use their outstanding business acumen to align on priorities and consulton key decisions.
· Develop new and innovativeanalyses to inform various operational roadmaps as well as uncover potentialbusiness efficiencies.
· Partner with internal teams to address complexbusiness questions and provide insightful analysis through strong storytellingcapabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Turn data-based observations and insights intohypotheses, through analyses and data mining
· Define and monitor business KPIs on a daily basis to quickly identify areas ofconcern, propose analyses and/or take corrective actions
· Proactively engage with internal stakeholders tosolve problems and identify trends and opportunities in a matrix environment
· Be a HomeAway data guru – bethe point of contact for various business KPI data questions and insights.
· Collect and prioritize user stories for analysisand reporting, and design associated self-service data products to addressthese.
· Partner with the Technologyand Engineering groups to ensure continuous improvement of data collection andunderlying data systems
· Present findings and visualize data to a widerange of stakeholders
· Respond to ad hoc analytical questionsfrom key partners
· 4+ years work experience in web/competitive/travelindustry analytics or strategic data analytics consulting
· Degree in an analytical field (e.g.Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or Econometrics)
· Passion for number crunching and logicalproblem solving
· Ability to structure/work on data exploratoryproblems, with innovating approach and creative solutions
· Consistent ability to produce quality,accurate, and highly detailed evidence based stories
· SQL: expert-level required
· Tableau: expert-level required
· R and/or Python and Scala: intermediate toexpert-level required
· Clickstream data exposure: 3-4 years in pastexperience (preferably with experience in extracting from BigQuery)
· Big Data Stack (Hive, Hadoop, Spark):expert-level required
· Office suite (PowerPoint, Outlook): intermediate-levelrequired
· Business Modeling (Excel): beginner-levelrequired
· Knowledge of marketing metrics,attribution models, and advanced experimentation
· Excellent presentation, written, and verbalcommunication skills
· Must be fluent in English
· Background in consulting or relevant area –travel, real estate
· Familiarity with eCommerce
· Proficiency in web or clickstream analytics(tool: Google Analytics)
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top