Staff Software Engineer/Big Data
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable listings. As part of the Digital Platform Engineering Team, you will have a unique opportunity to develop software solutions that capture data in real-time from a variety of sources and make data available programmatically to multiple stakeholders ranging from data scientists to business teams to end customers.You will be working on cutting-edge technologies to solve problems of scale and speed.
Technologies we use:
AWS, Mesos Drop wizard, Elastic search, Cassandra, HBase, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Samza, Confluent, Cascading, Java8
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of professionalJava/C# software development experience
- Experience with all aspects of data systems (both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization
- Developing applications on Big Data / streaming platforms
- Develop techniques to process and analyze events on a real-time streaming platform
- Work closely with marketing to implement and expand data connections for email marketing purposes.
- Design and implement high-performance data models in NoSQL database technologies.
- Develop and configure Hadoop/ Big Data components (e.g. Oozie, Cascading, Spark)
- Develop quality scalable,tested, and reliable data services using industry best practices
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top