Staff Software Engineer (NodeJs)
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia brand and the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable listings visited by millions of travelers on an annual basis.
We are hiring Senior NodeJs Developers to build, support, and manage the web-applications frameworks used by our application engineers. Building our frameworks involves adding new features and enhancements, which if necessary at times, calls for constructing proofs of concept with NodeJs to better understand our clients’ needs and what solutions are available. A key factor is to assure that our development solutions substantially accelerate our business efforts. Hence, our use of NodeJs and complementary technologies. We support and manage our frameworks in an effort to ensure that our clients receive the best possible developer experience when building out HomeAway applications. Most important, however, is to guarantee that our final solutions are well aligned with HomeAway’s overall business goals.
This is an exciting time at HomeAway! We solve problems of scale, work with cutting-edge, open-source technologies, and are on our way to becoming thought leaders in the web applications and design industry. As such, we are looking for world class developers to focus on the above frameworks and to help create high performance and responsive web applications. We are looking for someone to help us revolutionize travel through the power of technology!
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Node.JS
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience
- Experience in creating progressively rendered web applications
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
- Strong understanding of HTTP and Web standards
- Promote and participate in an inner/open source culture across teams and organizations
- Build and deliver the next generation Node framework for HomeAway
Technologies we use (Required):
- NodeJs, HapiJs, ECMAScript 6, React/Redux, Webpack, Linux, Docker, AWS
Technologies (Nice to Have):
- Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
- Java 8
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top