Staff Hadoop Developer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
HomeAway is a data-driven company with the Decision Systems department at the heart of the data analysis. Our deliverables include the Enterprise Data Warehouse, and automated analytical data streams that fuel our search engine,email marketing engine, and other production systems. As the industry leader with more than 1 million online listings across the globe – we generate a lot of data. Our team makes sense out of that data to provide a world-class experience for travelers, Property Owners and Property Managers alike. We accomplish this by pairing tried-and-true RDBMS (SQL Server) with powerful analytics platforms like Hadoop and BigQuery. As a Staff Hadoop Developer at HomeAway – you’ll play a major role in how we process data that is at the very core of our business. You’ll partner with our Data Scientist to understand objectives, then work alongside our Engineers and Analysts to build data streams that power our analytical systems. Simply put – we want you to be a Big Data Expert. No big deal, right?
Our ideal candidate, at a minimum, will be able to:
- Develop data solutions using Hadoop components
- HDFS, Hive, YARN, Kafka, Cascading.
- Design and implement highly scalable data solutions with HBase or similar NoSQL technology.
- Develop complex data-oriented applications using Java / J2EE technologies.
- Develop MapReduce (YARN) programs
- Use HiveQL/SQL to transform, integrate, and move large data sets.
- Develop custom Hadoop components for data ingestion and transformation.
- Design and document complex data models for consumption in analytic and front-end applications.
- Build work flows to accomplish complex tasks such as predictive analytics.
- Collaborate with other teams including Software Developers, Data Science, and Data Warehouse Developers.
- Influence, train, and mentor developers
- Influence and document development best-practices.
- Proficiency with Spark
- Proficiency with stream processing frameworks (Samza, Storm, etc.)
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience with stream processing frameworks
- Experience working in e-commerce and cloud environments
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top