Staff Financial Systems Analyst
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
World class Enterprise Systems are the foundation enabling the growth of our company. With over $3 billion in annual bookings, HomeAway is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing over one million paid listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries. The Enterprise Systems team provides the applications that manage people data, count money in multiple currencies, report taxes, and manage our cash with rigorous integrity. We develop system processes to pay the bills, property owners and our people.
As an Enterprise Systems Analyst at HomeAway, you will serve as a functional expert for Information Systems related to Commerce and Financial applications. Your expertise will help drive long term strategic direction, design requirements, features, functionality, and necessary enhancements. You will also be responsible for collaborating with internal resources and third party vendors to implement effective solutions to support both strategic and ad-hoc team needs. Working closely with the product owners for Finance, Accounting, and Tax teams, you will leverage both your systems knowledge and your professional expertise to provide support and resolution to functional, technical, and data issues.
Our ideal candidate:
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for Oracle EBS financial globally including but not limited to: General Ledger, Sub ledger Accounting, Financial Accounting Hub (FAH), Accounts Payable, Cash Management
- Build new or customize existing event models in Oracle sub-ledger accounting.
- Provide applications support by troubleshooting application and data issues
- Document system configuration, functional business processes, user training and technical requirements.
- Identify business requirements and identify technical, procedural and functional gaps.
- Collaborate with product owners, development team, systems team, administrators and consultants to provide in-depth technical and functional solutions and ensure development of efficient and sustainable application systems utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of project plans, project schedule, including defining activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, and task duration.
- Provide strong understanding with the ability to analyze and query application data schemas.
- Document requirements,design and analyze a variety of reports or queries.
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge of Information Systems with 8+ years of global implementation,support, integration, and development/customization experience in Oracle EBS modules.
- Proven experience with multi-national, multi-currency, implementations in a multi-org environment
- Exposure to application administration functions and security module in a multi-org environment.
- Experience with eCommerce systems and processes
- Proven experience with oracle Financial Accounting Hub configuration and support
- Exposure to Cloud based platforms and services
- Strong analytical, change management, task/project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel on a global basis is required and is estimated at 5-10% depending upon actual projects.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top