Staff Big Data Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
We are looking for EDW/Data Engineers to join our data services team, which is focused on enabling advanced analytics supporting product and business teams. As a data Engineer on EDW data services team, you will focus on making rich datasets/solutions available, understandable and extensible for several business and product teams in the company. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong EDW engineering background, product and business acumen to deliver scalable technical solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway.
What we look for: Flawless Execution, Engineering Excellence, Tech Savvy, Business & Product acumen, Creative Problem solver
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway using both traditional (SQL
server) and modern DW technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.) in a agile manner
- Support HomeAway’s product and business teams specific data and reporting needs on a global scale.
- Close partnership with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business (Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing etc.).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 8+ years of EDW development experience including 2+ years in Big data space (i.e building data pipelines in Hadoop), working with Petabytes of
- Proven technical lead using technologies such as SQL server (or any relational DB), Hadoop, Cassandra, Java, Python, Spark, Hive and Kafka.
- Experience with of all aspects of data systems(both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL, aggregation
strategy, performance optimization
- Capable of working closely with business and product teams to ensure data solutions are aligned with business initiatives and are of high quality
- Experience in eCommerce or Internet industry preferred.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salaries
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top