Sr.Manager, Data Analytics Core
As a Sr.Manager for Core EDW & BI, you will drive core data engineering and business intelligence competency at HomeAway to enable self-service and advanced analytics on a very large scale globally. You will work with a variety of business and product teams, architects, technology leaders and executives to build a modern enterprise data warehouse (data lake + relational EDW) and enterprise level self-service BI solutions that can influence and drive business opportunities as well as provide support for business and product self-service analytics. You will be required to strategize and develop various facets of the data lake and BI implementation on Hadoop in AWS, leveraging various open source & data integration tools such as Spark, Sqoop, HBase, Hive, Python etc.
What we look for: Flawless Execution, Engineering Excellence, Strong Mentorship, Team growth and development
- Responsible for developing data engineering and BI technology roadmap and approach to enable self-service data analytics at HomeAway.
- Responsible for driving modern EDW and BI (both batch and near real-time) using Big data technologies.
- Drive processes to establish a balance between data governance and agility and enable single source of truth for our core KPIs.
- Data engineering competency includes tools & technologies (SQL Server, Hadoop, open source, AWS data stack), patterns and concepts required to enable the data lake ecosystem.
- Will be working closely with other teams to develop and share the knowledge assets to enable analytics.
- Develop a competency maturity plan for the organization including training needs.
- Manage and grow multiple teams (10-12) resources including employees and onshore/offshore contractors.
- Communicate progress, roadmaps and solutions to senior leaders within the organization.
- Provides effective participation and contribution in developing complex system / application architecture.
- Coaches and demonstrates leadership by example to individuals and teams on the concepts, principles and technical implementations for continuous delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- At least five years and typically eight or more years of experience with three years in a Management role.
- Experience defining and building knowledge assets using modern data and BI technologies including Hadoop, AWS, data pipelines using open source stack.
- Experience with relational databases, such as SQL Server.
- Familiarity of technologies like Redshift, MongoDB, Cassandra, visualization analytics like Tableau, Datameer is desired.
- Understanding of cloud architecture and experience working in AWS environment is a big plus.
- Programming background with Pig, Python or Java is preferred.
- Ability to develop big Data architecture, experience of contributing and influencing change is preferred.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience working in an e-commerce travel or Internet industry is preferred.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Visit our Tech Blog at http://tech.homeaway.com
Back to top