Sr. UX Researcher
Global Experience Design Group
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million page views per month. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related field. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Experience planning, moderating and reporting on research studies.
- 2-5 years professional experience preferred.
- Strong experimental design skills. Should be able to determine and execute the right research method (quantitative or qualitative) for the question at hand. -
- Experience with a variety of usability research methods, especially lab-based usability studies.
- This will initially be a hands-on research role, but could grow to include supervision of other researchers. Interest and experience in supervising other
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with and influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced professional setting with a focus on leveraging research insights to drive meaningful UX and product changes.
- Work will be based in Austin at our lab in our Domain office. Local candidates preferred. Occasional travel may be required.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top