Sr. Software Engineer - Marketplace Design
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway’s Marketplace Design team is looking for talented Sr. Software Engineers to leverage their hands on programming and leadership skills. We are building new teams here to do greenfield development leveraging the latest technologies. Our goal is to create the best online vacation rental marketplace, with an exceptional peer to peer user experience that optimally matches traveler demand with property owner supply.
- Be a part of an influential team to solve complex data driven optimization techniques for 3.5 billion visitors a year.
- Use real-time data to understand customers’ needs before they do.
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment.
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based off user behavior and data.
- Make bold decisions with your team to influence a new industry.
- Technologies we use: AWS, Docker, Mesos, Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Samza, NoSQL, Java8, Python, Spark.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Java and Python preferred).
- Technical leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple department.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience.
- Commit to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed micro services environment.
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top