Sr Software Engineer, Enterprise Systems
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Challenges you can work on:
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable REST API using DropWizard and HomeAway standards
- Develop features that will drive our business through event-driven, micro services programming model
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc…
- Experience with Cloud environments like AWS-EC2,Terraform and other AWS stack
- Possess working knowledge of Kafka or other stream processing systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience
- High responsive UI design experience
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top