Sr. Security Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is looking for a talented and highly motivated Security Engineer to join the Global IT Security Team. This position will be responsible for supporting the security infrastructure and ensuring that we are operating to the highest security standards. The right candidate is expected to interface with various aspects of the company to drive operational efficiencies. The candidate will have extensive experience in cloud technologies and operationalizing: new security technologies, alerting, escalations and day to day security engineering tasks. This position requires a proven track record of planning, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of security technologies.
- Responsible for developing cloud security strategies, monitoring and integration into Security Operations.
- Responsible for establishing security engineering / operations frameworks for various cloud security technologies.
- Experience with and responsible for developing & deploying new security cloud technologies and operationalizing: alerts, metrics, scorecards, monitoring, & maintenance.
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on cloud security DevOps initiatives.
- Work on improvements including the development of new tools, automation, and integration.
- Responsible for interconnecting various security event sources: server logs, network, various security devices, threat feeds, antivirus, malware, vulnerability scanners, net flow, etc.
- Responsible for designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position.
- Strong scripting skills: Ruby, Python or other scripting language.
- Strong understanding of the security / risk landscape: Layers 2 – 7.
- Proven track record with enterprise cloud security technologies.
- Strong security tooling background, DevOps experience, including automating tasks.
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
Three years of experience working in a security operations role. Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, etc. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top