Sr. Recruiting Manager
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is searching for a Sr. Recruiting Manager in London to facilitate best in class recruiting strategies and solutions for our global and regional leaders across all business units within our European region. A large focus will be successfully hiring top talent and tapping industry expertise, high caliber consulting capability, and executing work in agile methodology to scale the business’s talent vision. Your largest enabler for success will come from exceptional leadership and utilizing the strengths across your team to exceed the expectations of the business.
This person will work in our London office and report to the Global Director of Talent Acquisition (in Austin, Texas).
Solutions and Relationships:
- Build strong rapport and maintain trusted relationships with the business by offering strategic and creative talent strategies to achieve short-term and long-term talent attraction goals
- Consult with multi-regional leadership on market and industry data, recruitment solutions and internal practices related to workforce planning activities
- Partner directly with leaders, HR Business Partners and recruiting peers to understand business talent plans and make talent recommendations such as where to find skills in the market, recommend recruiting channels for those targeted profiles and appropriately engage your team to efficiently hire the best talent for your clients
- Activate hiring across a multi-lever approach with primary preference in-house and as needed augmentation through RPO and agency
- Lead design and implementation of talent solutions or build-upon current processes
- Proactively provide leadership with applicable data and insights related to recruiting efforts; Use insights to inform actions and decisions related to hiring and experience of leadership and candidates
- Serve as Talent Acquisition consultant on broader HR function initiatives
- Embrace an environment of test & learn and lead with a product mindset
- Lead high performing recruiting team by implementing an environment of trust with a focus on continuous development and test and learn
- Coach and develop recruiting team members on core competencies and functional skills; Serve as a mentor and provide career development opportunities and remove roadblocks
- Ability lead a team across multiple locations with heavy emphasis on communications and remote development/management
- Heavy use of data as part of core management responsibilities; Successfully deliver against performance metrics related to time to fill, cost per hire, recruiter efficiency and additional talent metrics
- Manage and collaborate with recruiting team members on program design and development and larger scale initiatives
- Allocate work across available team and support as needed with volume
- Partner closely with Talent Brand to drive solutions specific for clients
- Serve as high energy brand & talent advocate for HomeAway, our business, and our culture
- Have fun
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Hands-on recruiting experience in a high-tech environment across multiple locations and countries; Experience leading a recruiting team in high-growth organizations
- Proven experience developing rapport with leadership and key stakeholders
- Must have experience with executing on talent strategies in multiple countries and leading through business transformations and integrations; Program management and analytic skills required
- Experience in developing key recruiting metrics & data and using data to articulate a story and drive solutions
- Proficiency in behavioral interviewing methodologies, competency-based techniques, job scorecards, top grading and/or other selection and assessment tools
- A sense of curiosity resulting in the ability to recognize opportunities within the business, team and overall HR function
- Demonstrated integrity, accountability, and initiative, with a focus on delivering results and adapting to change
- Executive recruiting experience preferred
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top