Sr NoSQL Database Engineer
HomeAway is seeking experienced IT professionals interested in NoSQL Database Engineering, mostly on Cassandra, and MongoDB. This will be a rich, rewarding opportunity for the right professional, including exposure to some of the best IT talent and technologies in the world. The NoSQL Database Engineer will work among a team of database engineers focused on delivering NoSQL solutions, setting standards, use cases and optimizing performance.
- Architect and implement new NoSQL solutions.
- Re-design and develop NoSQL replacements for current applications/services.
- Develop performance monitoring dashboards/tools for NoSQL deployments.
- Perform POCs and produce technical documentation.
- Research, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions and best use cases for them.
- Provide technology guidance, and best practices on NoSQL design and development.
- Experience with all phases of SDLC process.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of NoSQL databases: Architecture, Data modeling & Development.
- Experience in data migration to NoSQL from relational model
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting the NoSQL environment in a high volume production environment.
- Experience with RDBMS.
- Proficient with installing, configuring, administering, using and benchmarking NoSQL solutions.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.
- Minimum of 4 years developing NoSQL solutions.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top