Sr Manager, SEM Platform & Tools
An exciting opportunity has arisen at HomeAway for a Senior Manager, SEM Platform & Tools to join our Global Growth Marketing team. This is a global leadership role, reporting to the Sr Director, Growth Marketing Operations & Tech, with full accountability to drive growth and return-on-investment from Generic & DSA accounts & minimize costs on the Brand SEM account.
Working in partnership with the regional SEM teams and trading teams cross-functional leaders you will have a high degree of autonomy, whilst managing and developing one analyst.
SEM expertise is required, along with technical expertise of performance channels and innovation. The successful candidate will be highly data-driven, customer-centric with a proven track record of driving growth & innovation within an e-commerce environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Complete accountability for the central SEM accounts (Brand SEM, Generic KW, DSA) performance, ensuring that it exceeds targets of main KPIs, promoting and developing partners’ high engagement with HomeAway’s full suite of products
• Develop, implement & improve large-scale SEM campaigns globally to maximise revenue and return-on-investment on Brand, Generic & DSA accounts
• Coordinate with destination & property SEM accounts holders to deliver overall trading objectives, maximize investment efficiency and consistently deliver on operational excellence
• Ensure effective budget management on the central accounts & optimal allocation across countries & brands.
• Analyse, interpret and communicate all key business metrics related to central accounts with senior management in weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews
• Manage one SEM analyst and contribute to their development and career progress
• Test, manage & improve different bidding solutions for each specific area
• Drive thought leadership as it relates to SEM, SEO, Affiliates, Display and programmatic ad buying
• Coordination with Retail & Destination Management teams to align on tactical implementations and ensure that regional and destination level performance is in line with the objectives set out for the channel
• Lead the testing of advanced and new SEM functionalities (feed-based campaigns, new audience segmentation) Cross-team coordination to ensure consistency of messaging and user experience; work closely with other international teams to report and share best practices globally
To be successful you will bring the following qualifications:
• Extensive SEM expertise: a minimum of 3 years’ experience in SEM, actively managing complex campaigns and proven experience in solving complex problems in a methodical way (e.g. scientific research; consulting…)
• Deep knowledge of SEM best practices and a keen eye for innovation and testing new products and functionality
• Highly analytical and methodical with a problem-solving approach; must be metric focused and thrive in a test-and learn culture and data driven decision making
• A proven record of delivering WoW improved performance within an e-commerce driven environment
• Outstanding attention to details
• Strong communication skills and ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
• A collaborative approach and ability to work as part of and lead initiatives within cross-functional teams, including engineering, marketing and product
• BA or BSc degree level qualifications in a scientific or analytical field, ideally engineering or economics, as the account optimization processes involves advanced testing & some data modelling.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top