Sr. Manager, Payments & Customer Experience
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a dynamic and experienced Sr. Finance Manager –Payments & Customer Experience to lead the financial analysis, modeling and decision support for our growing e-commerce merchant business and customer excellence organization. This role will be located at headquarters in Austin, Texas and be a part of the global finance organization, reporting to the Sr. Director of Commercial Finance. In this role, you will partner very closely with HomeAway’s global commercial business leaders and will have accountability for understanding and providing sound recommendations to senior leaders through influence and analysis. Recommendations and financial management are based on deep financial analysis in areas such as pricing services and vendor management, economics for all pay-in and pay-out merchant services and operations such as fraud and processing costs. You will understand all financial aspects of our merchant business in granular detail so as to provide financial recommendations. You will also supports the Customer Experience organization who is charged with providing extraordinary traveler and partner service across the world. You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of fully burdened cost metrics across the customer experience organization to assist in resourcing and foot print decisions.
- Develop and build technical models that result in reliable, easy to audit and scalable financial models and projections. Drive forecasting efficiencies by championing automation and operational improvement.
- Analyze, evaluate and provide recommendations on pricing services from vendors for payments (both payments in and payments out) related to the merchant model business, which includes ensuring appropriate profitability targets are met on a channel level and on the entirety of the merchant business.
- Work cross functionally within finance to ensure consistency in projections, reporting and vernacular.
- Provide financial reviews on a regular basis to senior finance and commercial leadership, identifying financial risks and developing recommendations for solutions.
- Monitor fraud payouts and drive rigorous discipline in financial framework in handling fraud risk. This would include partnership with multiple internal teams, such as the commercial, the trust-and-security, customer experience and accounting teams.
- Lead and manage a team of three analysts to support and drive more informed decisions in our e-commerce and customer experience functions.
- Work cross-functionally across the commercial and development teams in driving product and end-customer experiences that align with the financial strategies.
- Ensure customer experience economics and metrics are developed in partnership with business leaders and assist in driving more informed geographical footprint insights and decisions.
- Develop a rigorous regional lens for customer experience financials and metrics to assist regions with gross profit maximization and drive decisions which balance value and return.
To be successful, you are especially strong in the following areas:
- Comfortable with and proven ability to thrive in a very dynamic, agile based environment where priorities are constantly shuffling, and speed without sacrificing data quality is the norm.
- Know and demonstrate component level detail that gets results. Summary averages are not acceptable.
- Ability to thrive as both an individual contributor and a manager. You will get into the details of a model and then be able to effectively provide an executive summary to your business partners and finance leaders.
- Ability to solve for multiple variables at a time and understand scenario impacts when it comes to pricing, fraud risk, onboarding and other financial variables associated with the merchant business.
- Confident and thoughtful in presentation style. This business moves fast and it's important that you move with it and always be ready to add business value to the discussion.
- At least 10 years of progressive, post- Bachelors experience including strong people leadership.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills that span new“from scratch” initiatives as well as improving the efficiency and accuracy in existing models. The ability to scale models.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with an innate sense of curiosity, that is complimented by an aptitude for learning quickly
- Experience successfully building strong partnerships with peers and subordinates. Ability to work independently as well as in team environments, particularly cross-functional teams.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking abilities with a dedicated and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated theme across your accomplishments of financial acumen and accuracy, achieving scale and improving decision-making in the business.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top