Sr. Manager, Global Product Marketing - Community and Advocacy
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Sr. Manager, Global Product Marketing, Community and Advocacy, is part of the Global Product Marketing Organization responsible for managing the global community and advocacy programs for owners and managers that list on HomeAway. We are looking for a leader that has experience in building and managing online communities and advocacy programs. The goal is to establish a presence for our partners as well as to integrate their messaging into the community in a compelling and valuable way.
Due to the entrepreneurial and dynamic nature of our business, we are looking for team members who can operate successfully at a strategic level but who are equally comfortable at a detailed execution level. Our ideal candidate is strategic, adaptable, data-driven, and strongly motivated to contribute in any way possible to the success of the team, our customers and our global initiatives.
Understand the customer
-Be the eyes and ears of the customer to understand their needs and respond to questions
Develop community and events strategy
- Responsible for creating strategic communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications
- Develop plan across European regions to launch an online community
- Moderate and respond to user generated content, will need to escalate any issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Help tell the HomeAway story and maintain our voice, tone and cadence across all content worldwide
- Help inform event strategy targeted at our owners and managers
Develop Advocacy Program
-Lead and manage process of developing a formal, strategic advocacy plan for owners and managers
- Locate and engage advocates within the community to foster dialogue and help champion our products and features amongst other owners and manager
Listening and reporting
-Track performance and optimize/ test content to improve reach and engagement over time
- Utilize social/ community listening tools to generate insights and report/ recommend strategies that achieve company and product goals
- Summarize insights and conversations into actionable reports that lead to optimizations and communication enhancements, ultimately improving product adoption, retention and net promotor scores over time.
-5+ years experience managing an online community and demonstrated experience engaging and activating community groups
-2+years managing a team
-Ability and track record of working in close partnership and developing strong relationships with product management and marketing teams
-Strong strategic/ analytical/ reporting and communication skills
-Competitive health and insurance benefits
-Highly competitive salary
-Target annual bonus
-Employee Stock Purchase Plan
-Paid vacation and sick time
-Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
-Free beverages & snacks
-Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
-Free listing on HomeAway.com
-Discounted pass for Metro (Rail & Bus)
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top