Sr. IT Software Engineer
We are hiring for a Java Software Engineer to play a key role in the development of applications and tools that enable our Customer Experience teams to support millions of vacation rental owners and traveler customers across HomeAway platform. We are looking for an adaptable, high performing, motivated and self-reliant Sr. Software Engineer with a proven track record developing leading edge web applications in a very distributed SOA architecture, leveraging hundreds of separate services and applications, with a highly adaptable web layer using the latest technologies.
As a Software Engineer at HomeAway - you’ll be part of a talented team of Engineers who are responsible for keeping our Customer Experience platform running at high scale, speed, accuracy and reliability. This team is focused on leveraging internal APIs to build the tools that enable our Customer Experience representatives to effectively and efficiently support HomeAway’s entire customer base. You will need to be deeply technical, analytical, and thorough as you craft new functionality that directly impacts the company's bottom-line while working effectively with across-functional team across the company.
Why work atHomeAway.com? Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years’ equivalent experience of progressive Software Development.
- Strong software architecture and development skills using the Java stack
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Practical experience delivering production applications in a distributed SOA environment
- Track record of delivering quality software using industry best practices in all aspects of the software development process including Test-Driven Development methodology, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Experience working with QA, product management, customer service and other stakeholders in an Agile environment
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Professional traits required of HomeAway Leaders:
- Excellent judgement and desire to keep learning and developing your skills
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Ability to innovate and work with innovative teams
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Free Vacation Rental on a Yearly Basis (taxable benefit)
- Free Snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand-Up Desk
Back to top