Sr. Financial Analyst - Commercial Finance
HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals, with sites representing more than 1.4M paid vacation rental home listings throughout 168 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to be part of our commercial finance team at its headquarters in Austin, Texas. This team is a part of the worldwide Financial Planning & Analysis organization. This role reports to the Global Revenue Manager based in Austin. Commercial finance’s charge is to provide fora common language and data driven hypotheses, which can be validated through a test and learn approach to enable exceptional analytical insights, influencing faster and better business decisions.
This emerging commercial finance team plays a global role supporting our retail business organization, local markets, and global cost areas. The commercial organization is charged with maximizing revenues through diligent investments which have most optimal return to the business. The commercial finance team leads and manages the global weekly trading meeting and topline pacing analysis, monthly business review of contribution margins, quarterly forecasting, and annual planning. The team is also responsible for in-quarter management of EBITDA risks/opportunities, creation of commercial financial targets, and analysis to support financial tradeoffs across regions and lines of business for optimal return. This group supports global sales, pricing, and forecasting of supply and demand.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be accountable for consolidating and synthesizing the global commercial story on a weekly and monthly basis, bringing a common lens to varying regions, surfacing global trends, and reporting on key metrics. This role will be the global hub for all things commercial, identifying and trending key metrics, looking at regional contribution margins and tradeoffs to drive optimal returns globally while still achieving strategic business objectives. It is critical that the candidate highly inquisitive and seek out his/her own questions to be answered through data analysis. The incumbent must be exceptional at taking large amounts of data and metrics and distilling them into a synthesized executive level story, ready to dive deep again when required.
The Role & Expectations:
· - This global role is very fast paced and requires an incredible amount of agility, speed without sacrificing accuracy, and a strong ability and comfort working effectively under pressure.
· - The candidate will work very globally and cross functionally with the regional finance teams and executive leadership, so effective communications skills, both verbal and written, are crucial.
· - Develop a deep understanding of our commercial metrics, and how the business really works to develop data based recommendations on ways to positively impact those metrics.
· - Using a deep understanding of our business, identify, analyze and communicate current trends and, most importantly, their impact on forward looking financial forecasts.
· - Understand and uncover the global and regional or customer trends, mix impacts
· - Mine and work very comfortably and effectively with large volumes of data, both in SQL and Excel.
· - 8+ years of related and progressive experience in corporate finance and/or commercial finance.
· - Demonstrated success in a fast paced environment with the ability to accept changing priorities and focus, while remaining balanced and producing quality output.
· - Intermediate level SQL and basic visual and coding skills are a must
· - Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel skills to solve business problems and understand statistical significance in a repeatable and sustainable form, including such tools as regression, V-LookUp, SumIf, Sum Product, Index Match, and Goal Seek
· - Demonstrated ability to communicate diligently, in both verbal and written forms, with executive management and peer groups.
· - Highly analytical critical thinking skills with an aptitude for learning quickly and the ability to synthesize vs. summarize complex and detailed data into an executive level story.
· - Sustained experience with financial ERPs or other OLAP based financial planning software such as Hyperion, Prophix, Adaptive, or Cognos.
· - Bachelor’s in Math, IS, Finance, or Economics with 8 years of related progressive experience
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearlybasis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with ourleadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top