Sr Finance Manager - Marketing
HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals, with sites representing more than 2M paid vacation rental home listings throughout 190 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a Senior Finance Manager to be part of our Marketing Finance team at its headquarters in Austin, Texas. This team is a part of the worldwide Finance organization, and the role reports to the Senior Director, Marketing Finance based in Austin.
The Marketing Finance organization partners with the HomeAway Marketing and Retail organizations to maximize long-term and short-term ROAS (return on advertising spend). Marketing Finance is also responsible for developing reporting, analytical, and forecast capabilities to ensure proper resource allocation strategies and related business decisions that are in-line with company goals and objectives.
This role will initially manage one Financial Analyst and is charged with being a trusted business partner to the Marketing organization, providing financial support for all areas of Marketing, working with other Finance and Accounting groups, and liaising with the executive leadership team. This includes influencing and driving investment decisions through robust analysis, forecasting, and reporting of marketing channels’ volume, spend, and profitability, along with headcount and related costs for the full Marketing organization
Key areas of responsibility:
- Robust and deep financial planning, analysis, budgeting/forecasting, reporting volume and spend
- Build reporting, weekly marketing trading process, and forecast models and tools from ‘scratch’
- Ad-hoc Financial modeling, analytics, and business case evaluation
- Headcount forecasting, planning, and reporting, along with associated costs
- Partner closely with Marketing, Finance, and Business Analytics leaders, their teams, functional leaders and business teams to ensure alignment and adherence to goals, and completion of key deliverables
- Utilize existing data warehouse(s) and influence future data marts including design, organization, and structure
- Produce executive level presentations to communicate results
- Proactively identify risk and opportunities and areas for marketing spend investment, constraint, or reallocation across the portfolio of regions, brands, and marketing channels
- Lead and influence other cross functional and Marketing team members
Requirements for success/Other qualifications:
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business, with 12+ years of progressive, related experience
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Advanced modeling, reporting and forecasting skills with solid experience using Hyperion, Oracle, and Excel
- Experience with statistical forecasting tools and process with machine learning and SQL knowledge a plus
- Proven experience analyzing large volumes of data with an ability to synthesize it into trends, actionable recommendations, and executive level presentations
- A curious individual who is comfortable with and has a demonstrated ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Executive presence, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate independently and to lead projects with limited oversight
- Exceptional communication skills with experience presenting to and working with executive level leaders. The ability to influence staff, peers, and high-level individuals
- Sound judgement with the ability to independently make decisions
⁃ Great Medical & Dental Plans
⁃ Competitive Salary
⁃ Target Annual Bonus
⁃ Employee Stock Purchase Plan
⁃ 4-weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
⁃ 401(k) matching
⁃ Free snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top