Sr Database Marketing Developer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is a data-driven company with data becoming an increasingly important part of Marketing and CRM. We have a new position open as a Database Marketing Engineer which will support the CRM team to mine data from all over the homeaway data environment. Our goals are to provide enterprise level reporting and data analysis that drive informed decisions to enable improved marketing programs and business insights. As the industry leader in the Vacation Rental space – we generate a lot of data. You’ll play a major hands-on role in how we deliver insights in a scalable, reliable and accurate manner to marketing and CRM teams. You’ll partner with decision makers to understand their ideas and goals, and then work with other Engineers and Analysts to develop creative solutions. Simply put – we want you to be instrumental to HomeAway’s data consumption and insights. No big deal, right?
As part of the Database Marketing team you will have the chance to work closely with all aspects of marketing as well as be an integrated member of the Engineering Team. You will have a unique opportunity to capture data in real-time from a variety of sources and make data available programmatically so that marketing analysts can draw out valuable business conclusions. You will be working on cutting-edge technologies to solve problems of scale and speed.
Our ideal contributor, at a minimum, will be able to:
- Work with our internal business and product teams to understand objectives and craft technical requirements.
- Work with internal engineers and analysts to source the data and present it in a consumable way so that further analytics can be performed for informed business decisions
- You have worked within a SQL Server environment
- Ability to work with multi-terabyte to petabyte distributed data systems
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Familiar with interacting with API’s
- Understand that one tool is not always the answer and have worked across multiple Enterprise BI tools like Microstrategy/Cognos/SSAS etc
- Can represent data in a visual manner using tools such as Tableau and Datameer.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top