Sr. Database Administrator
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
World class Enterprise Systems are the foundation enabling the growth of our company. HomeAway is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing over one million bookable vacation rentals in 190 countries. The Enterprise Systems group is responsible for the technology, systems and services that support global financials, sales, customer service, planning, and employees worldwide.
As a Senior ERP Database Engineer at HomeAway – you’ll play a significant role with designing, supporting and enhancing our growing Oracle database, middleware, and applications footprint. You will join a talented team of developers, analysts and database administrators to provide in-depth technical solutions for business objectives. You are someone that is equally proficient serving the role of an experienced database administrator providing high levels of performance and reliability or a seasoned applications developer delivering effective and maintainable solutions. You will leverage your broad set of DBA skills and development experience to evaluate and apply the latest technologies and best practices to ensure our ERP environments are designed to grow the business and increase scale and efficiency.
Our ideal candidate, at a minimum, will be able to:
- Plan and implement application server and database tuning, backup / recovery,and performance monitoring.
- Design and maintain the development, test, and production multi-tier environments.
- Provide research, troubleshooting skills, and resolve database and OracleApplications issues by working in collaboration with teams (IT and Business) and Oracle Corporation’s support technicians.
- Plan and perform upgrades, migrations and patch management as recommended by vendor or by business to support feature/functionality.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Design, develop, implement, and test Oracle Application extensions, interfaces, reports, and customizations.
- Build tools and scripts that enable automation of tasks.
- Conduct design and code walk-throughs, peer reviews, testing, and produce technical-documentation for customizations you develop and the systems you implement.
- Control migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top