Sr Cloud Operations Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway believes in changing travel through the power of technology. Our Cloud Operations team manages a large growing AWS based infrastructure, providing automated monitoring, governance and oversight for our cloud environments. We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to help improve our operations, tools and services, help us handle incidents smarter and analyses cloud event data.
- Building a suite of tools to monitor AWS cloud resources.
- Building a suite of tools to monitor and govern AWS cloud resources.
- Developing automated maintenance and reporting tasks.
- Automation and integration of cloud infrastructure systems.
- Working with development teams to ensure high availability and cost effective solutions.
- Provide AWS architecture consulting to various development and operations teams.
- Automating Security controls to ensure the best security practices are followed and enforced.
- Extensive experience managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) services via CLI and scripted API within a multi account environment.
- Expert in AWS operations services (IAM, Config, cloud watch, EC2, S3, VPC, lambda).
- Building infrastructure as code using hashicorp tools.
- Experience working on large scale production systems.
- Linux-based systems administration.
- Jenkins for automation and as a self-service platform.
- Experience running Docker containers in production.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top