Sr Cloud Operations Engineer
HomeAway believes in changing travel through the power of technology. Our Cloud Operations team manages a large growing AWS based infrastructure, providing automated monitoring, governance and oversight for our cloud environments. We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to help improve our operations, tools and services, help us handle incidents smarter and analyses cloud event data.
- Building a suite of tools to monitor AWS cloud resources.
- Building a suite of tools to monitor and govern AWS cloud resources.
- Developing automated maintenance and reporting tasks.
- Automation and integration of cloud infrastructure systems.
- Working with development teams to ensure high availability and cost effective solutions.
- Provide AWS architecture consulting to various development and operations teams.
- Automating Security controls to ensure the best security practices are followed and enforced. Required Experience:
- Expert in AWS services (IAM, Config, cloud watch, EC2, S3, VPC, lambda).
- Writing automation and tools (ideally in Python + Lambda) to manage systems and infrastructure.
- Linux (Ubuntu & CentOS) systems administration.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) services via CLI and APIs within a multi account environment.
- Hands on experience with Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Varnish.
- Extensive experience managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) services via CLI and scripted API within a multi account environment.
- Expert in AWS operations services (IAM, Config, cloud watch, EC2, S3, VPC, lambda).
- Building infrastructure as code using hashicorp tools.
- Experience working on large scale production systems.
- Linux-based systems administration.
- Jenkins for automation and as a self-service platform.
- Experience running Docker containers in production.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top