SQL Server DBA (Staff)
HomeAway is looking for a SQL Server DBA focused on making our data systems run at their optimum level of performance. The Database Operations team manages a distributed worldwide infrastructure running primarily on SQL Server. This infrastructure supports a throughput of over 300K transactions per second during peak traffic times. It is comprised of over 1000 production DBs with a footprint in excess of 100TB. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and make a difference in in developing usable, scalable and reliable database solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and implement performance metric collection to assess database service delivery and key performance indicators of critical databases.
- Work with performance testing engineers to load test web sites and services
- Monitor production databases using tools/scripts and resolve database issues relating to any errors and performance.
- Research performance bottlenecks and identify hot spots of activity within our databases
- Configure and review alerts around SLA monitoring of procedure execution
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server internals,optimizer, and tools.
- Expert knowledge of relational database systems and operations.
- Experience in a large database and high-volume production environment.
- Experience with Windows Server Clustering and SAN environments.
- Hands-on experience using T-SQL, Command shell scripting
- Experience using backup and monitoring tools like RedGate, Idera
- Current knowledge of the technology industry, and ability and desire to explore/recommend ways
- Team player with effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top