Splunk Admin (Security)
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is looking for a talented and highly motivated Splunk Admin (Security) to join the Global IT Security Team. This position will be responsible for supporting the security infrastructure and ensuring that we are operating to the highest security standards. You are expected to work with various aspects of the company to drive operational efficiencies.
- Administration of Splunk and Splunk ES Environment(s).
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining integration with security tooling.
- Work on improvements including the development of new tools & automation.
- Responsible for interconnecting various security event sources: server logs, network, various security devices, threat feeds, antivirus, malware, vulnerability scanners, net flow, etc.
- Experience with and responsible for establishing metrics, scorecards, & health monitoring.
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on security engineering / DevOps initiatives.
- Work with SOC team on content tuning and creation.
- Developing new processes and procedures alongside Security and IT.
- Extensive experience with Core Splunk Administration.
- Strong scripting skills: Python or other scripting language.
- Experience with multiple enterprise grade security technologies.
- Solid background in task automation.
- Technical knowledge with focus in systems administration, security engineering and networking.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Inventive and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in relevant situations.
3+ years working with Splunk, 1+ years of security related experience. Certifications like GCIA, GMON, Splunk Certified Admin/Architect etc. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top