Software Program Manager
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you passionate about program and project management? Do you have a knack for building and executing new complex programs that add value across a thriving business? Are you a hard worker with high business acumen that is self-driven and very comfortable dealing with ambiguity? Do you enjoy the variety that comes with working on a small cross-functional team, including multiple internal and external projects of varying sizes? And do you love to travel and want to work in an industry that provides unforgettable memories? HomeAway is looking for a talented Program Manager to join the HomeAway Software team. The Software team is focused on delivering superb value to our thousands of professional property managers, through innovative technology and superb customer support. The HA Software Program Manager will support various programs including operational certifications, go-to-market plans for new and changing technology, and internal process improvements and innovations. We need someone who can manage a portfolio of projects that require cross-company collaboration and a focus on measuring results and evaluating trade-offs. We are searching for a detail-oriented team player with extensive experience working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, and the proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels within the organization.
- Lead and enable project/program management success for the HA Software team from major initiatives to weekly action planning.
- Project management will involve working with business leads to establish roles, responsibilities and timelines, communicate program status, escalate risks, and ensure each program phase is completed, reviewed and approved.
- Program management will involve managing and integrating multiple work streams to ensure an integrated result with appropriate service levels, accuracy and timely delivery.
- Create and standardize the organization’s tools and best practices for project management and status reporting.
- Consider trade-offs between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure successful delivery of programs and projects that meet the business needs.
- 2-3+ years of Program or Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience driving projects across teams including support, engineering, IT, sales, marketing and product development in a software B2B application environment.
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management.
- Ability to take create order and structure in areas of business program ambiguity for stakeholder teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve conflicts, and generate alternative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive execution against project milestones and deliverables.
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class program/project delivery system.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top