Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together
We are looking for someone who wants to:
- Help millions of travellers find their perfect holiday
- Be part of a team at the forefront of technology development
- Build world class engineering teams
- Juggle between multiple priorities in a dynamic environment and delivering value quickly
- Create a collaborative and inclusive team environment
Is this you? Then read on.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with a technical background, to join the Programmatic Traffic Acquisition portfolio within HomeAway. Our teams develop technological solutions for advertising in multiple marketing channels (SEM, Display, Meta, Affiliates). Using machine learning on customer behavior, current trends, Geo and event information, we automate the process advertising to drive customer visits to HomeAway and help them find their dream vacation.
You will partner with the Director of Engineering, and work with state-of-the-art technology, an amazing motivated team of engineers, have an opportunity to collaborate with multiple Expedia brands and be part of the fast-expanding vacation rentals market.
- You will hire exceptional engineers and coach them to be the best they can
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Product and Marketing teams
- Work with your teams to ensure correct technology decisions are made quickly
- You will collaborate with other engineering teams at HomeAway for adopting best methodologies.
- Be expected to uphold HomeAway values of Scientific Mindset, Mastery, One Team, Openness and Participation
- A technical domain expert in Marketing you will be knowledgeable of shape future requirements
- You will increase the visibility of the team within and outside HomeAway
Who You Are:
- You may have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or you will have equivalent experience
- Ideally you will be a hands on technical leader with a strong and proven current experience developing consumer facing web applications using Java/Scala, Restful Services, Reactive Streams etc.
- Experience solving for scale with micro-services and service-oriented architecture in AWS
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka and related technologies.
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- eCommerce experience is a plus
What do we have to offer?
Based in Victoria, with The Queen as a neighbour, we are proud to say without a doubt that you will work in a modern office environment with THE Best Views of London: No more sightseeing needed for you.
In addition to an attractive salary with annual targeted bonus, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
- Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
- Life assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Private Health Care
- Access to pension scheme
- Salary Protection scheme
- Annual appraisal and salary review
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.