Software Engineering Manager
HomeAway is looking for an Engineering Manager who is passionate about software and data to manage a team of backend developers building out the company wide Geo data platform. This platform provides dynamic features that optimize the traveler experience such as typeahead and implement predictive models for inventory placement within Geo tags. These efforts help to incrementally increase conversions which facilitates billions in financial transactions around the world. Building on the world-class Expedia test and learn culture, you will have the opportunity to quickly run A/B tests that directly affect the business.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way, help them enjoy time away with their friends and families while building memories that last? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed in over 190 countries. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on technical leader with 7+ years of current experience developing consumer facing web applications using Java, Spring, Jasmine, Maven, Restful Services, etc.
- Experience solving for scale with micro-services and service-oriented architecture
- Commitment to quality and velocity
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) and uses data to make technical and product decisions
- eCommerce experience is a plus
- Manage and lead a team of backend Engineers following Agile methodologies
- Use your excellent communication skills to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Collaborate with data science, product management, data and BI teams to develop the product
- Hire and develop great people
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top