Software Engineering Manager
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is looking for an Engineering Manager who is passionate about software and data to manage a team of backend developers building out the company wide Geo data platform. This platform provides dynamic features that optimize the traveler experience such as typeahead and implement predictive models for inventory placement within Geo tags. These efforts help to incrementally increase conversions which facilitates billions in financial transactions around the world. Building on the world-class Expedia test and learn culture, you will have the opportunity to quickly run A/B tests that directly affect the business.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on technical leader with 7+ years of current experience developing consumer facing web applications using Java, Spring, Jasmine, Maven, Restful Services, etc.
- Experience solving for scale with micro-services and service-oriented architecture
- Commitment to quality and velocity
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) and uses data to make technical and product decisions
- eCommerce experience is a plus
- Manage and lead a team of backend Engineers following Agile methodologies
- Use your excellent communication skills to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Collaborate with data science, product management, data and BI teams to develop the product
- Hire and develop great people
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top