Location: London, Victoria
HomeAway is looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about engineering, marketing, data and the scientific method to manage a team of awesome engineers building out a global white-label landing page platform powering up SEM, SEO and other marketing channels. The systems are built out using a lean-start-up and A/B testing approach, focusing on delighting customers and delivering business value. Platform is going to power up global marketing activities for all of HomeAway brands.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering, this is a unique opportunity to work with state of the arch technology, an amazing motivated team of engineers, collaborate with multiple Expedia brands and be part of the fast-expanding vacation rentals market.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers following Agile methodologies (focus on Kanban and Flow management)
- Use your excellent communication skills to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Collaborate with marketing, data science, product management, data and Analytics teams to develop the platform & its functionalities
- Hire and develop great talent
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on technical leader with a strong and proven current experience developing consumer facing web applications using Java/Scala, Restful Services, etc.
- Experience solving for scale with micro-services and service-oriented architecture in AWS
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka and related technologies.
- Commitment to quality and velocity
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) and uses data to make technical and product decisions
- eCommerce experience is a plus
What do we have to offer?
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way, help them enjoy time away with their friends and families while building memories that last? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. A company within the Expedia portfolio, we are the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry with more than 1.2 million properties listed in 193 countries across our sites. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month.
Based in Victoria, with The Queen as a neighbour, we are proud to say without a doubt that you will work in a modern office environment with THE Best Views of London: No more sightseeing needed for you.
In addition to an attractive salary with annual targeted bonus, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- 25 days annual leave
- Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
- Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
- Life assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Private Health Care
- Access to pension scheme
- Salary Protection scheme
- Annual appraisal and salary review
After applying to this opportunity, you will go through an initial phone interview before being invited to meet our Engineering team.
To let us know you are interested, click apply.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!