Software Engineering Manager
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is looking for an Engineering Manager who is passionate about cloud based solutions and modern software architecture to hire and manage a team of full stack developers, building out the Company Wide Community tools and services platform. This brand new platform provides incredible efficient and fully integrated access to online registration services with cities and government agencies across the world to millions of Homeowners. Not only will this provide legal compliance for HomeAway and Expedia Inc. as well as all HomeOwners and Partners but also security and reliability for millions of travelers on a daily basis. With that you will secure our always increasing inventory and providing travelers with the best possible choices to experience the dream vacation of their lives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on technical leader with 7+ years of current experience developing consumer facing web applications using Java, Spring, Jasmine, Maven, Restful Services, etc.
- Experience solving for scale with micro-services and service-oriented architecture
- Commitment to quality and velocity
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) and uses data to make technical and product decisions
- eCommerce experience is a plus
- Manage and lead a team of backend Engineers following Agile methodologies
- Use your excellent communication skills to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Collaborate with data science, product management, data and BI teams to develop the product
- Hire and develop great people
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top