Software Engineer Recent Grad - Cloud Services
Cloud Services Senior Software Engineer
What You’ll Do:
If you’re the right person for the job you will be joining the growing Cloud Services team within HomeAway’s Cloud Platform Engineering Team. As a Cloud Services leader, you will continue to drive HomeAway's culture of engineering empowerment. The Cloud Services team enables developer productivity and velocity through an automated Multi-PaaS cloud infrastructure. This platform is rooted in the principle of infrastructure as code and is constantly evolving and integrating new and interesting technologies. You’ll be expected to continually learn and utilize the latest open-source tools available to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public and private cloud environments.
What You’ll Get:
As a leader you will be driving HomeAway's engineering culture, by building, evangelizing and supporting the environments used by all of HomeAway's engineers globally. You’ll have the chance to drive the development experience on the bleeding edge of cloud technologies. Our ever growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining a credible team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with stakeholders across the globe gaining international experience in a fast paced eCommerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
· Responsible for the design and implementation of the services and APIs that comprise our multi-PaaS software system.
· Working with our internal business partners to gather requirements
· Developing enterprise multi-PaaS software application utilizing object oriented methodologies
· Developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
· Performing peer reviews, code walk throughs, and weekly demos
· CI/CD pipeline management for infrastructure components
· Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile development process that promote sconstant team communication
· Must have excellent communication skills to assist in conducting user interview sessions, requirements gathering, and design reviews
· Programming skills – You are comfortable writingcode in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly ordynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Scala, Go
· Database skills – You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you’ve implemented code against several different database platforms.
· Development experience - Java Web Applications,Service Oriented Architecture and Micro-Services
· Knowledge of configuration management tools,monitoring tools, cloud platforms, and software delivery tools
· Experience with Java and NodeJS, Ruby, Python,Go, Scala, etc.
· Experience with SQL Queries, performance tuning and management of map reduce jobs
· Knowledge of application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
· Some experience with Mesos, Docker, AWS, Azure,VMWare, etc.
· Experience with Consul, DataDog, Kafka, Splunk,Vault preferred
· Committed to Open Source Projects. Please provide Github links if appropriate
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Experience working in an agile team environment
· Conduct code walk-throughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation
· Great Medical & Dental Plans
· Highly Competitive salary
· Target annual bonus
· Company stock (RSU's)
· 4 weeks paid vacation
· Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxablebenefit)
· Ability to work up to two weeks in any of ouroffices around the world on a yearly basis
· Free drinks & snacks
· Weekly company update talks with our C-Team
· Free listing on HomeAway.com
· Stand-Up Desk
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top