Software Engineer - (Java or Python)
HomeAway.com was acquired by Expedia Inc. and has established a start up presence in Bellevue, Denver, and Austin. HomeAway is the fastest growing organization at Expedia and is leading many of the new technology initiatives that are leveraged across the brand. We are also the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology, making every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace. We're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway’s Marketplace Design team is looking for talented Software Engineers in our growing Denver, CO office. We are building new teams here to do greenfield development leveraging the latest technologies. Our goal is to create the best online vacation rental marketplace, with an exceptional peer to peer user experience that optimally matches traveler demand with property owner supply.
- Being part of an influential team to solve complex data driven optimization techniques for 3.5 billion visitors a year.
- Use real-time data to understand customers’ needs before they do.
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment.
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based off user behavior and data.
- Make bold decisions with your team to influence a new industry.
- Technologies we use: AWS, Docker, Mesos, Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Samza, NoSQL, Java8, Python, Spark.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience (Java and Python preferred).
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple department.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience.
- Commit to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring and perfecting code.
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed micro services environment.
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top