Software Engineer - Java
HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages. As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
As a Software Engineer at HomeAway, you will have the opportunity to work on an exciting range of technologies and platforms that power HomeAway's sites and services in the emerging markets region. You will be expected to build on the existing platform and deliver scalable, end-to-end solutions using a variety of frontend and backend technology stacks.
- Design and implement product features and functionality for various HomeAway sites and services
- Integrate with partners and build API's for external services on the HomeAway platform
- Work with the Product, Business, and Sales teams to gather and understand requirements and deliver scalable solutions
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Participate in design discussions, reviews and propose/implement solutions to technical problems and challenges
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.S, M.S, and/or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in the Software industry
- Well versed with Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience in Java web application development (Java 8, Spring, SQL, REST, Maven, etc.)
- Experience working on Ruby/Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Experience working on frontend and client technologies such as JS, CSS3, HTML5, JSON, etc and database systems is a plus
- Proficient in HTTP, Web Services and Restful APIs.
- Experience working with cloud based systems and infrastructure services such as AWS, GCP, etc is a plus
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team with a positive attitude
Back to top