Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. As for the analytics group, we enable product stakeholders with relevant strategic and operational recommendations to make better decisions. Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through product engineering, backed by rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to come up with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly.
We are hiring for a Java Software Engineer to play a key role in the development of applications and tools that enable our Customer Experience teams to support millions of vacation rental owners and traveler customers across HomeAway platform.We are looking for an adaptable, high performing, motivated and self-reliant Software Engineer with a proven track record developing leading edge web applications in a very distributed SOA architecture, leveraging hundreds of separate services and applications, with a highly adaptable web layer using the latest technologies.
As a Software Engineer at HomeAway - you’ll be part of a talented team of Engineers who are responsible for keeping our Customer Experience platform running at high scale, speed, accuracy and reliability. This team is focused on leveraging internal APIs to build the tools that enable our Customer Experience representatives to effectively and efficiently support HomeAway’s entire customer base. You will need to be deeply technical, analytical, and thorough as you craft new functionality that directly impacts the company's bottom-line while working effectively with a cross-functional team across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years’ equivalent experience of progressive Software Development.
- Strong software architecture and development skills using the Java stack
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Track record of delivering quality software using industry best practices in all aspects of the software development process including TDD, CI, and CD
- Experience with UI frameworks AngularJS or React is preferred
Professional traits required:
- Excellent judgement and desire to keep learning and developing your skills
- Results oriented with the ability to meet timelines
- Ability to innovate and work with innovative teams
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass