Customer Service Supervisor
Full permanent positon; Working days: Monday-Friday 9.00h to 18.00h or 8.00b to 17.00h
HomeAway, a leader in the travel industry and a part of one of the strongest companies in the sector globally, is looking for a new Customer Service Supervisor based in Madrid who will lead a multicultural team of 14 people, including agents and one team lead ensuring operational effectiveness whilst meeting department KPI’s and objectives. The HomeAway CS Supervisor is committed to continually delivering great new ways to help our Team Lead and Customer Service Representatives to succeed. This position will work directly with our HomeAway Europe brands with an eye towards helping our organization achieve operational excellence.
• Manage facilities, Team Leads and Customer Service Specialists ensuring resource is used effectively and responsibly. Execute WFM schedules in line with departmental policies in a timely manner
• Closely coordinate with Team Leads and Management pertaining to support service levels and customer experience, and take appropriate actions to correct when needed
• Proactively communicate with CS Manager regarding work flow, staffing issues/performance, and customer experience items
• Act as an information source for agents' questions pertaining to process, policy and work schedules
• Carry out performance measurement (Quality Audits), CSAT scores/feedback, general monitoring, and evaluation of all agents and operators to improve the teams' efficiency. Provide feedback to CSRs and Team Leads in 1:1
• Resolve escalated customer complaints and questions within required timeframe; assist team with de-escalation of calls in real time as needed
• Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Manager of customer support.
• Coordinate training for new hires and existing staff; participate in the delivery of training
• To demonstrate a commitment towards your own continuous personal development, attend training sessions as required and support and encourage Team Lead and CSR’s personal development and training
• Supervisor must be available to cover all hours of business operation and coordinate with the Manager and other leads as point of contact to ensure continuous and full support
• Inspire and motivate agents; lead by example
• Encourage good team morale
• Special projects as designated by management
Who you are (Essential Functions):
• Fluent in Spanish and Italian in addition to English (Spoken and written)
• 3+ Years of customer service experience (in contact centers preferred but not essential) with at least 1 year with Management people experience
• Focus on Customer Loyalty: We are looking for people who are able to understand our customer needs and deliver a World Class customer support
• Highly motivated, focused passionate about connecting to the customer
• Ability to inspire and support people
• Task orientation; ability to plan well and prioritise work. Balancing the need to engage in a positive customer relationship and deliver in line with personal and team KPI’s Must have attention to detail and ability to interpret management information making sound recommendations from analysis
• Exemplary communications and leadership skills
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Initiative and proactiveness. Proactive anticipation of customer Team Lead and CSR needs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
• Professionalism and team work; good people and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships. Maintain calmness under pressure
• Good decision-making, IT, and cross-departmental communication skills.
• Industry advantages: travel websites, online advertising, eCommerce or additional languages; these are desirable but certainly not essential.
• High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) are required. (Intermediate level).