Social Media and Internal Communications Specialist
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you a passionate Communications guru with a consumer centric, data driven approach to programs that you build? If you’re looking to join a team at the forefront of global Marketing, Expedia Group is laser-focused in nailing the numbers game. This 12 month Fixed Term Contract opportunity as a Social Media and Internal Communications Specialist is right for you if you want to supercharge our strategies for Social and produce engaging, innovative content to use across all our channels.
Who you are:
- Experience in digital and social marketing to include strategic and creative development, media strategy, community management and content production
- Experience working for a major brand & operating in a matrix environment
- 3+ Years marketing communications experience
- Strong Copywriting and presentation skills with an eye for sharable content
- Thorough understanding of Social Media Platforms
- Working knowledge of social publishing, measurement and management tools
- Experience building end to end communications plans and managing projects
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Build and Socialize the annual Social media and Internal Communications strategy across the business.
- Deliver programs to drive and manage key content funnels to drive HA brand across key social channels (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter- as agreed in the strategy) to drive awareness and create demand to build HA social brand. Monitor and engage with our consumers across the various social channels.
- Lead production and continued stakeholder engagement of rolling monthly content and internal coms calendars.
- Own and optimize the weekly ANZ Table Talks session and the Monthly Heads up newsletter.
- Consult and execute on paid social plans with the Growth team based in Singapore to maximize the business impact of our content.
- Prepare monthly channel growth and content performance reports to tack performance of social/content initiatives, and to drive content optimization and channel health.
- Owning and ensuring that the ANZ integrated external Coms Calendar is live ad up to date on google docs.
- Build an execute rigorous social test and learn calendar. Reporting on outcomes on a regular basis.
- Act as the local contact for the Global Social Activation team.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Back to top