Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within HomeAway for an experienced and accomplished SEO Specialist with a successful track record in driving Organic search in a leading internet-based brand. The role requires a high impact individual with the experience of Search within the US market to lead, develop and implement targeted strategies that deliver performance. Successful candidates will be attracted by the prospect of working as part of a small entrepreneurial team within a larger organization.
To successfully support the growth of the HomeAway group in US, we require an SEO Specialist. Reporting to the Head of SEO for Americas and APAC, the SEO Specialist will be responsible for defining, executing and optimizing strategy and plans in order to deliver on our Search targets.
The SEO Specialist will also ensure HomeAway brands hold a competitive presence and share-of-voice in local Search engines (Bing and Google). This will be done with the ultimate objective of contributing to increased revenue, conversion and profitability.Be proactive in content, link building and product planning and liaise with the rest of the marketing team to ensure consistency and synergy between site merchandising/landing pages and SEO activity. Manage on-page and off-page optimization, using data to drive and support decisions:
A successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be a proficient English speaker with deep knowledge of the market.
- Conduct keyword research and selection via scientific and competitive methods.
- Lead and manage content idea generation, production, and plan syndication and publishing
- Link-building program definition and management that complies with search engine guidelines.
- Provide regular quantitative and qualitative reporting to monitor and optimize performance as well as pre-empt any performance decline and act on, and communicate, performance issues swiftly.
- Manage competitive presence: use web-ranking reports to constantly check and drive our positioning, regularly monitor competitors performance and activities, and benchmark and drive HomeAway against these.
- Keep up with knowledge on SEO tactics with a view to bring effective & measurable improvements.
- Manage external freelancers and agencies where applicable in order to ensure delivery of Services in a quality and results-driven manner.
- Be an active contributor to the global SEO Group via pro-active sharing of best practices and representation of the US market.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 5 year direct hands-on experience in defining, delivering and optimizing SEO initiatives in a corporate environment (client or agency side).
- Proven track record in successfully delivering against objectives, gaining coverage and improving SEO rankings.
- Extensive knowledge of the search engine landscape, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies in US.
- Experience in managing freelancers and agencies.
- Be able to work independently and keep track of deliverables on a constant basis.
- Expertise in using standard tools such as Google Analytics, Web-ranking tools and acting on findings appropriately.
- Able to perform complete backlinks audit of the site to find improvement points
- Educated to at least degree level.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude and commercial focus.
- Clear and confident communicator able to build and manage positive relationships.
- Successful at managing multiple priorities in a fast-pace environment, with a flexible approach.
- Pro-active outlook, with a strong ‘can do’ attitude - attention to details.
- Experience of working in the classified, travel, online marketplace or retail sectors preferred but not essential.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top