Senior VAT Assistant
HomeAway is seeking a Senior VAT Assistant, based in Marseille, to be involved in the aspects of the Company’s worldwide VAT planning and compliance. This person will work in a dynamic tax environment and will focus on indirect compliance (VAT, GST, etc.).
This position requires working closely with other members of the International Indirect Tax department and throughout the HomeAway organization in order to ensure coordination on the Value Added Taxes (VAT) filling, reporting and compliance. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, industry-leading organization as part of a dedicated team, and to tackle meaningful projects and help craft an evolving VAT compliance supporting a growing global business.
Job responsibilities will include but not limited to the following :
- The role is primarily a VAT compliance role and you will gain experience in indirect taxes, VAT, GST and Stay Tax.
- You would provide indirect tax and clerical support, and maintain good communication and interaction with our Billing, CS, Sales, Finance and Tax teams.
- You will handle VAT reporting (payables and receivables) and get along with the partners.
- You will collaborate on the VAT returns filing and VAT payments.
- You will participate in the preparation of all documents in line with VAT regulations and other related activities.
- You would assist in preparation of files for Indirect Tax audits.
- You will actively participate on the amelioration and maintenance of the Indirect Tax processes.
- We are looking for a Senior Assistant - VAT to provide support in the completion of daily indirect tax tasks. You will be well versed in VAT on ESS principles, able to work independently, efficient and have a deep understanding of accounting and indirect tax reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent organizing abilities and phenomenal attention to details.
- Previous VAT handling experience of 4 to 5 years;
- Bac +4 as a minimum, ideally a bachelor / Master in Finance or Accounting;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and fluent in English;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of invoicing compliance;
- Very good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word;
- Oracle knowledge is a plus;
- Some experience in tax accounting regulation is an extra;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.