Senior UI Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way by helping them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. A company within the Expedia portfolio, we are the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry with more than 1.2 million properties listed in 193 countries across our sites. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month. Given such diverse traffic, we need to be able to capture the most relevant audience at the most appropriate times.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at HomeAway for a Front End Engineer within our UK team. This is a challenging role, which would suit an experienced software engineer to make their mark in an innovative and growing tech company. As a Front End Engineer, you will help us build highly performant and scalable real-time systems to effectively display information, supplied by the backend, to our audience.
You will get the chance to directly impact our conversion rates, with every change you make.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Employ A/B testing techniques to understand our customer preferences, increasing booking conversions as a result
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps
- Develop smart web apps that will allow for in-session personalization based off of user behavior and data
- Work with product manager, UX designers, software architects and backend engineers to deliver a high quality solution in a high velocity agile environment
- Participate in practices like peer code reviews and mentoring junior programmers to deliver maximum value
- Experience using TypeScript, Less/Sass
- Experience of creating scalable, highly available, high performance web application using some/all of Node.js, Angular 2, React, Backbone.js
- Experience of writing well tested UI applications utilising frameworks like Jasmine, Karma,Phantom, Mocha and Chai
- Experience collaborating on a cross-functional team, including product management, business intelligence, marketing, and customer support
- Experience building mobile-first, accessible applications
- Proven experience of building cross browser compatible UX
- Experience of using continuous development and integration tools like grunt, git and Team City
- Knowledge of using monitoring and analysis tools like Splunk, New Relic and Sonar
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top