Senior Technical Product Manager (Marketing Platforms & Automation)
Have you ever had theopportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way andhelp them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here atHomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with morethan one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make everyvacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world throughour online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends findthe perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiencestogether. As for the analytics group, we enable product stakeholders withrelevant strategic and operational recommendations to make better decisions.Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through productengineering, backed by rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people tocome up with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly.
We are seeking a TechnicalProduct Manager to join our team that manages marketing technologies andprogrammatic data automation that optimizes acquisition of visitors throughperformance marketing channels.
In this leadership role, youwill define solution approaches while managing agile software developmentpractices as we evolve our marketing infrastructure to create a competitiveadvantage in our marketplace.
You will be asked to draw onyour industry expertise and agile skills to increase the effectiveness ofexisting solutions while innovating new technical approaches to drive marketingscale and efficiency. Working within our team requires a unique blend ofbusiness acumen and technical skills. The Technical Product Management role is a multidisciplinary rolefocused on partnering with engineering and internal marketing teams to definerequirements and drive roadmap execution. In addition, you will have the leadership aptitude and ability tofacilitate agile best practices in a matrix environment. You will serve as a product expert, combiningindustry analysis and stakeholder feedback to manage the overall productlifecycle; setting strategic vision, publishing roadmaps, definingrequirements, and collaborating with Engineering to deliver solutions that yourinternal customers solve.
- Meet frequently withproduct, marketing, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deepunderstanding of their business process and needs.
- Developing productrequirements, user stories and acceptance criteria to maintain the productbacklog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering, marketing, andbusiness leaders.
- Collaborate with engineeringand marketing teams to establish solution strategy, priorities, brainstormingapproaches, managing deliverables and validating solutions to ensure projectsare clearly defined and properly
phased to facilitate timelydelivery of functionality.
- Manage the agile processesincluding release planning, sprint planning, stand ups, sprint demos andretrospectives.
- Monitor the team’s developmentvelocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers.
- Lead communication andsolution delivery across cross-functional operating teams.
- Communicate status, riskswith resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadershipteams to keep senior management informed.
- Building prototypes anddemonstrating capabilities to communicate new solution capabilities.
- 5+ years of TechnicalProduct Management, Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experiencein a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment.
- Knowledge and understandingof marketing processes, marketing technologies, and integration approacheswithin performance marketing channels.
- Experience working with 3rdparty display ad, social media, paid search (Google AdWords), attribution andemail platforms.
- Knowledge and understandingof applying data science to implement programmatic marketing solutions.
- Able to manage multiple,ongoing, complex development projects while delivering on schedule.
- Demonstrated experiencedriving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, andfunctional teams.
- Full product life-cyclemanagement experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end oflife processes.
- Must possess stronganalytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy anddetail.
- Strong communication andpresentation skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to lead teamsthrough issue resolution and risk management.
- Excellent written and spokencommunication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts tohighly engineering and non-engineering stakeholder.
- Scrum Master experience in afast-paced software development environment.
- 5+ years of experience usingSQL or no-SQL technologies.
- BA/BS required preferably inComputer InformationSystems, Business Administration, or related fields(applicable experience maybe substituted).
- Experience with complexinformation architecture and cloud based architectures a plus
- Experience integrating andsupporting Sizmek, Kenshoo, Criteo, Visual IQ or Google AdWords/RLSA a plus.
- Competitive health andinsurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus orcommission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearlybasis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock PurchaseProgram
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company updatetalks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustablestand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Railpass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top