Senior Technical Product Manager, Digital Platform
TheSenior Technical Product Manager, DigitalPlatform, will be responsible for leading the teams that deliver thevision, strategy and evolution of data platforms and products that power theHomeAway Marketplace.
· Data Platform – our advanced data architecture is based on real-time eventstreams that facilitate data sharing across applications and business teams.
· Programmatic Data Products – our data graphs about people, places and things create unique andinnovative insights that power the HomeAway Marketplace.
The Senior Technical Product Management roleis a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with engineering and internalbusiness team to define platform strategy and innovative new data products that teams across HomeAway use to programmatically optimize customeruser experiences and marketplace business performance. We’re looking for a leader that can combinetheir unique blend of business acumen and technical skills to translatestakeholder problems into a marketing leading platform. You will serve as a product expert, combiningindustry expertise and end-user feedback to manage the overall productlifecycle for a portfolio. From there;you will be empowered to design, implement, test, refine, and deploy newplatforms and data products that our internal customers love.
· Develop, communicate andexecute the vision, strategy and product roadmap
· Collaborate withcross-functional stakeholders to think boldly and creatively and createconcrete product ideas and business cases for new data products that optimizethe HomeAway Marketplace
· Own the entire product lifecycle – concept to design to creating detailed requirements and working with Engineeringto execute on solution delivery
· Establish and lead the DigitalPlatform portfolio, including preparation and participation in 120-day planningsessions, monthly product reviews(MPR’s) and product inceptions
· Collaborate closely withExpedia and identity and capitalize on opportunities for partnership and/orleverage of their technology assets for our shared data challenges
· Manage roadmaps and specify businessand technical requirements by conducting research and leading on-goinginteraction with business stakeholders and Engineering
· Participate in cross-functional stakeholderteams to intake new ideas, manage urgent technical issues, manage releaseschedules and deliver high quality solutions
· Launch and evangelize newproduct releases with business stakeholders and product engineering teams toensure they are full utilizing new capabilities.
· 5+ years of Product Management experience in a SaaS high-tech company,preferably in big data, marketing technologies, or two sided business toconsumer marketplace products
· Demonstrated experience operating as the Product Owner within anagile environment
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including theability to present complex concepts to highly technical and non-technicalstakeholders
· Demonstrated experience creating innovative B2C products anddelivering them into the market
· Experience converting market requirements and customerspecifications into prioritized backlogs of requirements, user stories andtasks
· Proven track record of managing existing products whilesimultaneously incubating and delivering new and innovated products
· Understanding of big data, real-time event streams, predictiveanalytics, 3rd party tag management
· Certification as a Product Owner or Scrum Master a plus
· BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Information Systems,Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may besubstituted)
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly competitive salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Free Vacation Rental on a Yearly Basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free Snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our C-Team
- Company Stock
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand-Up Desk
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top