Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Science Platform
The Senior Technical Product Manager, DataScience, will be responsible for the vision, strategy and evolution of the data pipelines and platforms that power HomeAway’s data science team.
The Senior Technical Product Management role is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with internal business teams,engineering, and data science to define a platform strategy, and innovative ways to leverage data science within HomeAway’s marketplace. We’re looking for a leader that can combine their technical skills with a deep knowledge of data science to deliver a world class data science platform. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry expertise and end-user feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio. From there;you will be empowered to design, implement, test, refine, and deploy new datascience capabilities that our internal customers and data science team love.
· Develop, communicate andexecute the vision, strategy and product roadmap for data science pipelines andplatforms
· Collaborate withcross-functional stakeholders to think boldly and creatively to create concreteproduct ideas and business cases for new data science capabilities thatoptimize the HomeAway Marketplace
· Own the entire product lifecycle – vision, requirements, sprints, software releases and end user enablement
· Participate in cross-functional stakeholderteams to intake new ideas, manage urgent technical issues, manage releaseschedules to deliver high quality solutions
· Launch and evangelize newproduct releases with data science stakeholders and product engineering teamsto ensure they are full utilizing new capabilities.
· Establish and lead the DataScience Platform portfolio, including preparation and participation in 120-dayplanning sessions, monthly product reviews(MPR’s) and product inceptions
· Collaborate closely withExpedia to identify and capitalize on opportunities for partnership and/orleverage of technology assets and data
· 3+ years of Product Management experience in a SaaS high-techcompany, preferably in big data, marketing technologies, or two sided businessto consumer marketplace products
· 3+years of real-world experience applying predictive modeling and machinelearning within commercial software or business operations
· Demonstrated experience operating as the Product Owner within anagile environment including converting market requirements and customerspecifications into prioritized backlogs of requirements, user stories andtasks
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including theability to present complex concepts to highly technical and non-technicalstakeholders
· Experiencewith cloud computing platforms
· Experiencewith Hadoop and related Big Data technologies
· Certification as a Product Owner or Scrum Master a plus
· Proficiency in R, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, orsimilar tools a plus
· BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Science or related fields(applicable experience may be substituted)
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top