Senior Technical Product Manager (Data)
HomeAway’s enterprise data warehouse and data insights technology provides an operational foundation for our business that supports the largest vacation rental marketplace in the world. We are seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager to help develop our world-class data warehouse and analytics strategy leveraging our major investments in Big Data systems and Business Intelligence platforms.
The Data Technical Product Management role is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with engineering and internal business team members to define requirements and drive roadmap prioritization. In addition, you will have the leadership aptitude and ability to manage in a matrix environment and have the ability to provide strategic direction, competitive analysis and capability assessments to ensure we are leveraging our investments in data and front office systems.
As a part of the IT Product Management team, you must possess a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills to translate business stakeholder problems into actionable business capability roadmaps and other supporting documentation that deliver on your big picture vision. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry analysis and end-user feedback to manage the overall product life cycle for a portfolio of solutions; setting the strategic vision, publishing roadmaps, defining requirements, and collaborating with Development. From there; you will be empowered to design,implement, test, refine, and deploy new data platforms and features that our internal customers love.
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs.
- Developing product requirements, user stories and feature requirements to maintain the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering,operations, and business leaders.
- Lead/collaborate with engineering and analyst teams by setting strategy, priorities,brainstorming approaches, managing deliverables and validating solutions to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from sprint planning to end-user adoption
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Monitoring progress of the product through the product development lifecycle, identifying risks and exploiting opportunities; keeping senior management informed.
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management, Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Quality.
- Experience working with data warehousing, data mining, analytics platforms, BI reporting tools and technologies such as Business Objects, Microstrategies,Tableau, Qlikview, Datameer, SAS and Alteryx.
- Experience with complex information architecture and taxonomy management a plus
- Able to manage multiple, ongoing, complex development projects while delivering on schedule.
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering stakeholders
- ScrumMaster experience in a fast-paced software development environment
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Project Management a plus
- 5+years of experience using SQL
- BA/BS required preferably in ComputerInformation Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Back to top