Senior Technical Product Manager (Cloud)
HomeAway’s Cloud Platform Services team provides an operational foundation for our business that supports the largest vacation rental marketplace in the world.
We are looking for experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to join an exciting team. The Senior TPM will be focused on owning and driving the relationship between application and service teams within HomeAway.com and the Cloud Platform Services area. This is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with software engineering, network, security, infrastructure, data engineering, and product portfolio architects.
Roles you will play:
Customer Advocate – As the Cloud Platform Service team’s primary contact for cloud adoption and usage, you will represent your internal customers and carry their goals around adopting the cloud platform as a service. This is an opportunity to inform the Cloud Platform Services roadmap by identifying technical blockers and new feature opportunities. You must be able to engage with both technical and business teams to collect and refine requirements, prioritize incoming work requests, and ensure all committed work is delivered on time. As such, you must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must be capable of tracking multiple concurrent projects, negotiating resourcing changes, and driving consensus.
Product Owner – As a Cloud Platform Services TPM, you must be able to understand the technical underpinnings of the various systems and use cases so those can be used to map to customer requirements, and determine which new features and products must be developed . You must have deep technical knowledge, including the design knowledge of highly scalable systems, and the ability to determine the technological feasibility of proposed products.
Program Manager – Your products cut across multiple technology groups. You will act as a central point of contact, owning the definition, execution, and delivery of your products while ensuring dependencies and delivery are tracked accordingly. Driving outcomes for your area is critical.
Technology Evangelist – The role is also about educating the internal HomeAway.com teams on the power of Cloud Platform Service capabilities. As a single point of contact for Cloud Platform Services strategy you must be able to establish relationships and good working rapport with engineering teams, while assessing their needs, articulating their requirements and ultimately owning delivery.
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs.
- Developing product requirements, user stories and feature requirements to maintain the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering,operations, and business leaders
- Lead/collaborate with engineering and analyst teams by setting strategy, priorities, brainstorming approaches, managing deliverables and validating solutions to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from sprint planning to end-user adoption
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Monitoring progress of the product through the product development lifecycle, identifying risks and exploiting opportunities; keeping senior management informed
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management, Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment.
- Experience with cloud platform services, multi-PaaS, and CI/CD pipelines products
- Able to manage multiple, ongoing, complex development projects while delivering on schedule
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering stakeholders
- ScrumMaster experience in a fast-paced software development environment
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Project Management a plus
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top