Senior Software Engineer, Mobile and Web
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
If you enjoy helping people in general but love helping co-workers then our PeopleTools team could be a great fit. PeopleTools builds apps, such as our Time Tracker app, that help over 2,000 global HomeAway employees get things done. Currently all of these are Web Apps and none of them have been ported (or can scale) to Mobile. With our rapidly growing customer (employee) base our Senior Engineering Leadership is really pushing internal Mobile capabilities and we are at the very start of this journey. In fact you will be the first hire who will jump-start the initiative. And, as your team grows, you'll be positioned to lead them.
Daunting? No. Because our entire org has a Mobile First mind-set and you'll have the support and understanding of a team who is invested in your success and will be very open to all of your ideas.
Challenges you could work on
- Work on the existing web applications to understand the technology and assist with optimization
- Create new apps as more requirements comes in (Both web and Mobile)
- Work with different functional groups to gather requirements for your Apps
- Port existing internal web apps to iOS (and Android if you also have that skillset)
- Work with the team to define architectural standards and processes to guide development
- Eventually build an App Store that houses all of your team's creations
- Connect your Apps to various Restful APIs (the APIs are built by other engineers)
- Coach and mentor more junior members as your team grows
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- 5+ years developing and deploying web applications
- 1+ years of developing and deploying apps for iOS
- Experience in multiple code bases
- Solid knowledge of iOS internals, frameworks, tools/IDEs, testing and documentation
- 6 months to 1 year of SWIFT
- An obsession for a great customer experience and an intuitive sense how to make that happen
- Experience working in agile teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience developing and deploying Android applications or with cross platform mobile frameworks (only a plus not required)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Technical Recruiter: Keith Punches
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top