Senior Software Engineer
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineer to join the growing Digital Platform team. We solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies.
Technologies we use:
- Java8, Python 3, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Spark, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Linux, Dropwizard
Challenges you can work on:
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment
- Develop tools that allow teams to spin up their micro services persistence layers on demand in the cloud
- Scale our persistence layers across continents, while providing the necessary reliability and monitoring metrics
- Implement single sign-on(Okta), logging (Splunk/Datadog), unit tests and integration tests for the above applications, consistent with existing HomeAway standards
- Assist others with data discovery and data preparation phase
- Grow a performance production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+years of professional Java/Python software development experience
- Experience with stream processing platform such as Kafka
- Experience developing software for machining learning models
- Experience with non-relational databases MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Cloud environments like AWS EC2, ElasticSearch, etc.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well cross-functionalilty software projects
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on different projects at the same time
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top