Senior Software Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable listings. We have millions of travelers visiting our site per year.
HomeAway is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with .NET knowledge as well as experience with open source projects to join the team responsible for developing e-commerce solutions that power the Bed and Breakfast brand. Examples of the team's work can be seen at: www.bedandbreakfast.com
Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas. The ideal candidate is an analytical problem solver who is also a self-starter and team player passionate about web technologies and building e-commerce solutions.
- Own new features from design to production release to provide the data security, scalability and reliability that is expected of production data.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, NewRelic, Sonar and TeamCity
- Work with QA, product management, and operations in an Agile environment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- Participate in our inner source culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal conferences
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years related software development experience
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top