Senior Sales Analyst
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you someone that loves working with data, building reports, solving challenges, and adding value through analysis? HomeAway is looking for a dynamic Sales Data Analyst on the Global Sales Operations team to dive in and provide expertise utilizing our sales, customer, and operational data. To be successful you'll need to thoroughly understand the business and be comfortable engaging with business leaders and team members in a global organization.
- Proactively utilize advanced technologies to extract data from multiple sources & provide clear output for decision making.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to drive actions.
- Identify report automation opportunities and proactively provide solutions.
- Illustrate key business trends through effective data visualizations.
- Provide inputs such as user stories, metrics, & KPIs for data services requests to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis.
- Support questions from the sales team regarding report output & ensure data accuracy.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to gain commitment on project requirements, timelines, and desired output while providing clear and frequent communication updates on project status.
- Contribute new insights to ad-hoc analytics and modeling projects.
- Maintain documentation on reports & queries while partnering with the team to drive consistency in data sources, metrics, best practices, and report value.
- 7+ years in an analyst role (business, sales, data, systems, finance).
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
- Data modeling and extraction via SQL.
- Operational KPI development.
- Statistics, data distributions, summary and aggregation methods.
- Highly proficient in SQL, specifically for data extraction.
- Expertise with data validation methodologies.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities paired with excellent communication skills.
- Experience working within an agile/scrum framework.
- Hadoop experience is highly desired.
- Experience translating high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Technical Post Graduate Degree preferred.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top